Miso Salmon with Bok Choy and Asparagus
Recipe by Gwyneth Paltrow, as featured in My Mark
- 2 Tbsp White Miso
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Mirin
- 2 Tsp Finely Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) Salmon Fillets, Skin Removed
- 12 Spears Asparagus, Tough Ends Removed
- 4 Bunches Baby Bok Choy, Rinsed Well and Cut Lengthwise into Quarters
- 2 Scallions, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread a rimmed (18×13-inch) half sheet pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Dunk the salmon in the miso glaze and arrange along one edge of the baking sheet.
- Next, toss the asparagus in the glaze and arrange in one even layer in another corner of the baking sheet.
- Finally, toss the bok choy with the remaining glaze and arrange in a pile in the open space on the baking sheet (don't worry about piling it up a little – it will help them steam and cook through).
- Roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is firm to the touch (if you'd like a little more color on the salmon, broil it for 2 minutes at this point).
- Remove from the oven, garnish with sliced scallions and sesame seeds, and serve.