Fresh Garden Inspired Mocktail
Recipe by Gwyneth Paltrow, as featured in Food & Wine
- 5 lbs. ripe tomatoes
- 1 lb. celery
- 2 each cucumbers (peeled)
- 1 each jalapeno pepper
- 4 sprigs dill
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 each 12-inch sheets of cheese cloth
- Wash all vegetables and roughly chop
- Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth
- Line a strainer with 2 sheets of cheese cloth that have been unfolded
- Place the strainer over a 1-gallan plastic container
- Gentle ladle the puree onto the cheese cloth
- Place the entire strainer and container set up into a refrigerator overnight
You will have roughly 4 cups of clear tomato water. You can use the leftover pulp to make a delicious gazpacho.
Mocktail (Makes 4 drinks)
- 3 Cups Tomato Water
- 1 Cup Seedlip Garden 108
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp. Fennel Pollen
- 8 each Cherry Tomatoes (blanched and peeled)
- 4 each Cucumber Ribbons (use a vegetable peeler to make a 6 inch ribbon)
- 4 each Jalapeno Rings (thinly sliced jalapeno soaking in ice water)
- 4 each Forge Ice Spheres
- 4 each Rocks Glasses
- Mix tomato water, Seedlip Garden 108 and Worcestershire in a small pitcher or beaker.
- Gently dab 1/2 of the rim of each glass on a damp paper towel and dab into the fennel pollen.
- Line the glasses with the cucumber ribbon in a spiral motion.
- Add a Forge sphere to each glass.
- Pour the tomato mixture around the sphere. Top with 2 tomatoes and 1 jalapeno ring.